Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update


We had a lot of fun with the family this weekend. (Which is good, because every other weekend this month is dominated by "church stuff").
We went north for our fun this time and went to the parade with the kids,

went to the car show for Burke,
and then came home and canned some peaches for me.






It was a fulfilling, if sticky, day.
After the peaches were done, we moved on to salsa with the peppers and tomatoes we grew in our garden.
The kids weren't as interested in helping with the peaches or the salsa as they were when we did tomato juice. They were very helpful once it was time to taste the salsa with the chips, though.
Most of the time it was just Burke and I, but we were able to spend some time catching up. It seems like we haven't seen much of each other recently, with church, karate, working, and helping his parents out.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I love the idea of canning outside. We make the most amazing mess canning every year, and that is a fantastic solution! Thank you for the pictorial...I can now can this year's salsa and jam without being crazy when I have to clean the entire kitchen (and if the kids help, the ceiling as well!). Love seeing your family grow, we miss you guys...we'll have to see each other soon; you're welcome to drop by anytime you're in the area visiting family. Janine